Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I should get an award!

That's what the cashier said to me after she told me how much I saved today at Publix! This is my highest savings so far! I saved $153.02!!! Here is the breakdown:

Coupon savings: $43.35
Advertised Specials: $109.67

For anyone who is interested, here is what I got:

3 Birds Eye Meals for 2 - This was a deal I didn't expect, I had coupons for it that expire this week so I brought them as a maybe purchase. Normally the bags are 6.99 each, but this particular kind (sweet and spicy chicken) was on clearance for 2.99. Since my coupon was for 1.50 off I decided to give them a try! I wish I could remember which insert I got the coupons from, but it would be worth looking to see if you have them!

2 Ben & Jerry's Ice cream - I didn't have any coupons for this one, but it was B1G1 so I decided to get it anyway.

4 Starbucks Ice Cream - All FREE!!! Plus another .42 off my bill!

2 Ocean Spray Craisins - Another no coupon purchase, but everyone in my family loves them and they were also B1G1.

4 Edwards Single Pies

2 Fisher Fusion Snack Mix - I was really bummed I didn't have the coupons for this because then it would have been free, but it was only 1.79 and they sound really good!

4 packs Bic Razors - I have enough coupons to get 8 more packs, but they were all out so I got a rain check for them. This is an awesome deal because they are 5.49 a pack, but with B1G1 and coupons they come to .74 each!

3 packs Solo Plates - On sale + coupons = 1.00 each!

8 Four packs of Yoplus yogurt

2 boxes Honey Maid Graham Crackers

1 Planters Mixed Nuts

1 box Gerber baby cereal - No coupons, this was a need to get item.

4 Old El Paso Dinner kits

4 packages Ground Beef

16 boxes of General Mills Cereal - I won't need to buy cereal for a couple of months!

4 bottles Lysol Bathroom Cleaner

1 lb of Tilapia

2 lbs of Bananas

Leave comments and let us know how much your saving!

6 comments:

  1. So out of pocket you paid $43.00? Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! My total was $88.38, still under our weekly budget though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you did good!! Is the yoplus yogurt good?? I have a lot of coupons for it, but I'm scared to try it, I always get the regular fruity ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke - The yoplus yogurt is really good! I've tried the blueberry and blackbery/pom flavors and liked them, and Matt had the vanilla last night and said it was awesome! They also have strawberry and peach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world did you get the starbucks ice cream....I know southern savers had it listed, BUT when I went into Publix, it was not marked as B1G1 AND it was not in the circular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you went to the same Publix as Diana, she said they were out and it wasn't marked as B1G1. I went to the Publix on the corner of Clyde Morris and Beville and they had it there B1G1.

    ReplyDelete