Monday, June 29, 2009

I may need a bigger pantry soon!

I was able to print the remaining coupons I needed this morning and decided to go to Publix this afternoon. I saved twice as much as I spent! I spent a little over half my weekly grocery budget and saved $131.93!!! I'm not going to list everything I got, but here are some of the highlights!

-Kraft BBQ Sauce was listed on southern savers at 1.49, but it was actually 1.29! So with (2) .75 off coupons it was free plus .21 overage!

- Land O Lakes butter spread was listed at 1.89, but it turned out to be 2.19. Using (2) .55 off coupons it cost 1.09 for 2, not as low as I expected but still a good price!

- Velvetta Shells & Cheese is B1G1, but that is for a specific kind that has mixed veggies in it and costs 5.39. However, at the front of the store Publix has baskets that are filled with sale items. There you can find the regular boxes of Velvetta on sale for 1.49 each. I had (2) 1.oo off coupons and got them for .49 each! A better deal than I expected!

-If you read my shopping list, the yogurt deal was awesome! I bought the 4 yoplait yogurts for .75 each and used (4) 1.00 off coupons, so I got the yogurt for free plus another 1.oo off my granola bars! It made the granola bars 1.40 a box.

- The Birds Eye Frozen veggies were a good deal too! They are on sale 50% off and the coupon is 1.00/2. I got two different kinds and the sale price (1.19 & .89) with the coupon made them 1.08 for 2 bags! However, the blinkie with that coupon in it is gone. Hopefully you grabbed a couple last week! I have noticed that the blinkies are never out for the items that are on sale, so I get coupons from them whenever I see them!

- The Bertolli dinners were a pretty good deal. They are originally 7.99, but are on sale for 4.99. RP was suppose to have a 1.25 off coupon, but it ended up being 1.00 off. I still picked up 2 bags for 3.99 each.

- French's Worcestershire sauce is on sale for 1.50 and there is a .50/1 SS 5/10. This was a need to buy item for me and I didn't know it was on sale so I only took one of my three coupons, but now I'm going back to get 2 more bottles!

Here is what my rapidly filling pantry looks like!





I bought most of this cereal last week and wasn't planning on buying cereal again for a while, but I added 6 more boxes today! Who can pass on .09 a box!?!


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Diane!! I keep telling Ben I need more room for all our stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your pantry is insane!!! Ours are filling up too. I can't wait to show Rob this picture of all your cereal- he thought we had a lot, wait till he sees all of yours!!

    ReplyDelete